Monday, April 21, 2014

My New Website Is Finally Hosting My New Game Prototype

I wasn't sure at first which blog this should be posted in; this one here, or my blog at http://eatsleepindie.blogspot.com/  The latter is a side project I worked on during my free time the last two days.  It is an MMO resource management & strategy game using SmartFox Server and Unity3D.  The whole purpose of http://foreachgamer.com/ is to feature Indie projects and to help gamers find them based off the Un-Indie games they are currently playing.  I've had demos like Angry Bots featured on the site before, but never my own project.  Not until about 5 minutes ago.

The foreachgamer profile for my side project, Codename: Factions


That's two weeks of free time programming a web site hosting a profile for two days worth of prototyping in Unity3D.  I'm pretty proud of both projects, and I think they highlight each other very well.  This has only given me more drive to finish this system completely, as I am anxious to see other developers Indie games featured on the site as well.

At some point I will be adding a 'demo' cell to the profile, which will bring up a lightbox containing a Unity Web Player version of the game.  Not sure if I'll try it after I finish my shift tonight or not, but for now, it's time to pay the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment