Sunday, March 16, 2014

Logo Ideas

Taking a quick break from programming, I decided to sit in front of the TV for a bit and sketch up a logo.  I plan to do the logo in Blender, and although my drawing skills never evolved past a 5th grade level, I ended up with the following:


The first step was to lay out the shape of each letter.  After that, I tried fitting the letters together, but found that I needed a full edge at any point the letters were going to touch, since I am assembling this logo using arrays of cubes in Blender3D.  The final draft, located in the lower right, will consist of several cubes spaced slightly apart, with a soft light emitting from the center or entire object.

It may seem early to be working on the logo, but I have an idea for a logo and not much of an idea for the rest of the sites graphics layout, so I'm going to start with what I've got.  Chances are the rest will come into place once the logo is completed.  I needed to shift gears from programming for a bit and let the creative side take over, so the logo is getting done early.

Time to fire up Blender3D, in which I am still very much a beginner.  This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment