Friday, March 21, 2014

Oodles of Data

Right now I've got my local Windows Server, which I use for development, running a script that scraping the web for data on video games and grabbing images.  This data is being added to the database automatically, and images are being ushered into appropriate folders.

I am then periodically taking the new data and images and uploading to the live server.  From there, the live server runs a loop that takes every image downloaded and creates two more copies... one resized to a width of 640 and a thumbnail that is half that width, both cropped to a 16:9 ratio... all done automatically with a little CFML.

So I'm going to sit back and eat a bagel while my website fills itself with data on tons of games.  Who knows, maybe I'll fire up the XBox for a round or two of Halo 4... if I'm in the mood for an all-out-lagfest that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment